Multiple Master menu
The MM Menu provides a few commands for manipulating Multiple Master or Apple distortable fonts. If the current font is a MM itself font the menu also includes a list of all font instances that make up this one. This menu is available in the font view and the outline glyph view.
The menu as it appears in the font view.
Brings up the multiple master dialog and allows you to create your own multiple master font from scratch.
Checks that the current multiple master font can be saved. So each master design must match in:
- There must be the same number of contours and
- each contour must have the same number of points and
- each spline on the contour must be the same type (ie it can’t correspond to a straight line in one font and a curve in another)
- There must be the same number of references and
- Each corresponding reference must refer to the same encoding
- Same number of hints
- HintMasks (Counter masks are not supported here)
- HintMasks at corresponding points must specify a corresponding set of hints
- If a glyph kerns with another glyph in one font, then a corresponding kerning pair must exist in all designs
Brings up the multiple master dialog and allows you to modify the current multiple master font.
Blend to New Font…
Allows you to create a blended version of the current multiple master font set as a stand alone font.
MM Change Default Weights
Allows you to change the default weights assigned to each master design used in blending the default instance of the font
(sub font name)
Clicking on a different sub font name in the menu will cause that sub-font to be displayed instead of the current one. The subfonts are the master designs and the default blended font.
The menu as it appears in the outline glyph view.
Reblends the default version of the current glyph
A submenu which allows you to choose which of the designs of this glyph you want displayed in the background of the view
(sub font name)
Clicking on a different sub font name in the menu will cause the glyph from that sub-font to be displayed instead of the current one. The subfonts are the master designs and the default blended font.